The Information Heretic Science Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Heretic Science when choosing to participate in various activities on the Heretic Science Site such as uploading courses or posting feedback and comments.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Heretic Science Site, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Heretic Science uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Heretic Science Site may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Heretic Science Site, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
The Way Heretic Science Uses Information
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Heretic Science Site, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Heretic Science Site.
- Any personal information or course content that you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload courses through the Heretic Science Site.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major Heretic Science Site changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Heretic Science Site and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
When Heretic Science Discloses Information
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Heretic Science Site.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
Heretic Science does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. The advertiser may use information regarding your use of the Heretic Science Site, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
Currently, Heretic Science has relationships with the following third-party ad servers or ad networks:
Our Commitment to Data Security
Heretic Science uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Heretic Science and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Heretic Science makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If Heretic Science learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Heretic Science may post a notice on the Heretic Science Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using our contact form.
Our Commitment To Childrens’ Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Heretic Science does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on the Heretic Science Site from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Heretic Science Site at any time or in any manner. If Heretic Science learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Heretic Science Site without verified parental consent, then Heretic Science will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
Special Note to International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that Vedic Preservation Initiative is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.